Shishito and Shrimp Skewers with Chimichurri
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Serves 4 (serving size: 6 shrimp and 4 peppers)
Ridged shishito peppers are usually pleasantly bitter with mild to medium heat, but watch out: Every so often, you'll get one that packs a fiery punch. They're typically pan-charred and served with a sprinkling of coarse salt, but this recipe calls for cooking them over an open flame on the grill for even more delicious char and smoke flavor. We recommend serving these skewers with a bottle of crisp, lightly effervescent Vinho Verde (which translates to “green wine”—how fitting), an inexpensive, lower-alcohol white wine from Portugal.
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (about 24), peeled and deveined (tails on)
- 16 (2-in.) shishito peppers (about 3 oz.)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Calories 265
- Fat 16g
- Satfat 2.2g
- Monofat 11g
- Polyfat 1.6g
- Protein 24g
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Fiber 1g
- Cholesterol 214mg
- Iron 2mg
- Sodium 623mg
- Calcium 127mg
- Sugars 1g
- Est. added sugars 0g
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high (about 450°F).
Process parsley, cilantro, basil, and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add lemon rind, juice, crushed red pepper, 3 tablespoons oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; process until finely chopped and well combined.
Toss together shrimp and 1/4 cup herb mixture. Thread 4 shrimp onto each of 6 (8-inch) skewers; thread 8 peppers onto each of 2 (8-inch) skewers. Drizzle skewers with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with black pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Place skewers on grill grates coated with cooking spray; grill just until shrimp are done and peppers are charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Brush skewers with remaining herb mixture before serving.